Off-Chain Governance (voting) System — Alpha Stage
A Pre-voting Announcement.
SkyeKiwi invites all of SkyeKiwi community members to participate in our online poll to determine the major initial changes to our blockchain.
As we launch more upgrades to better serve our community needs, SkyeKiwi is going to invite our community members (users, developers, node operators, miners…) to engage in our informal governance processes. Now, it’s your call whether to implement those code changes/upgrades to our blockchain.
VOTE #1: SkyeKiwi Alpha Testnet Chain Reset
The active voting link will be up soon. Please follow our discord channel for updates.
Upgrades & Reasons:
Upon upgrading to Polkadot V0.9.22, huge & breaking changes were brought to the Substrate blockchain client and a Chain-Reset will be the optimal option to deploy the updates.
- BoundedVec for safer encoding
- New RPC endpoints
- Better error handling
- More efficient execution & storage usage
- Upgraded block benchmarking
- Faster transaction speed
- A base for connecting to the parachain system
Side-Effect After Reset:
Testnet tokens from faucet which users hold in account currently will be lost, contracts deployed will be lost and all secrets registered will be lost.
Voting link: to be released
Voting begins: Tuesday, 21 June, 2022 at 00:00 am (PT)
Voting Ends: Wednesday, 22 June, 2022 at 11:59 pm (PT)
*Please go to our discord channel and participate once the link is active.
- Support: agree and support the upgrades.
- Against: maintain current status.
- better solution: option for better suggestions and feedbacks. Please drop any suggestion and feedback in our Discord #feedback channel.
The decisions with over 50% of all votes by the end of the voting period will be approved, and the upgrades will be implemented within two weeks after the results are released.
Things to keep in mind:
- Upgrades you support will be implemented and will determine the direction and the future of the development of SkyeKiwi.
- We do not and will never provide any form of financial related incentives or rewards to influence the voting results.
- We will broacast new transactions and launch smart contracts execution in the future. After the upgrades, it will enable the running node validators and smart contract executions. Your votings direct the future direction of SkyeKiwi, please take it serious.
The voting system is currently at alpha stage under testing environment. In the future, the major decision-making power of our community polls will be given to our core developers, active users, and future token holders for the major blockchain integrations, while we will also be taking feedbacks through community channels, social media sites, and forms. Future upgrades will be proposed to the community, and we are counting on our community members to make things right.